STEP 1 – CHECK YOUR ELIGIBILITY: check if you are eligible to enter Thailand, in which category of permitted person are you and which type of visa you need to apply (see details)
STEP 2 – APPLY FOR VISA: a VALID visa or re-entry permit will be required in order to apply for a Certificate of Entry (COE). (how to apply for visa)
** Visa and COE are processed separately. Having a visa does not guarantee to obtain a COE.
STEP 3 – APPLY FOR CERTIFICATE OF ENTRY (COE): starting from 20 November 2020, all COE applicants are required to apply online at coethailand.mfa.go.th
** Application sent to the Embassy’s e-mail after 19 November 2020 will not be accepted.
COE approval process:
(1) => applicant registers + uploads visa and initial required documents
(2) => waiting for pre-approval (within 3 working days)
(3) => applicant uploads flight and ASQ confirmation
(4) => waiting for final approval (within 3 working days)
(5) => COE approved: applicant prints COE from website
IMPORTANT NOTICE: applicant MUST submit COE application at least 7 working days before departure date and upload flight and ASQ confirmation at least 3 working days before departure date. An overall process will take 5 to 15 working days depending on the correctness of submitted documents. In case of providing unclear or invalid information/documents, applicant may have to re-apply for COE which will take longer processing duration.
FLIGHTS TO THAILAND: Travelers enter Thailand by semi-commercial flights. For further details about semi-commercial flights such as operation schedule, airfares, and reservation procedures, please contact the airlines directly. (List of semi-commercial flights to Thailand as of February 10, 2021)
UPON DEPARTURE AND ARRIVAL IN THAILAND: The traveler will be requested to present the following documents:
(1) Thai VALID visa / re-entry permit
(2) Certificate of Entry (COE)
(3) Completed Declaration for (download)
(4) Medical certificate attesting that the traveler is fit to travel (Fit to Fly/Travel Health Certificate (see example)
(5) Medical certificate with RT-PCR method laboratory result attesting that the traveler is free from COVID-19 issued no more than 72 hours before travelling (see example)
(6) Confirmed booking of 14-day Alternative State Quarantine (ASQ) or Alternative Hospital Quarantine (AHQ).
(7) Health insurance policy with a minimum coverage of USD 100,000 covering treatment and medical expenses related to COVID-19 during stay in Thailand. The coverage duration of insurance must be at least 3 months AND cover the entire stay in Thailand.
* all documents MUST be in English or foreign language with official Thai translation
Disease Prevention Measures: Please kindly informed that upon arrival into Thailand, the non-Thai visitors will be subject to 14-days Alternative State Quarantine (ASQ) with their own expenses and will be requested to comply with relevant disease prevention measures prescribed by the Government of Thailand.
List of permitted persons to enter Thailand under Section 9 of the Emergency Decree on Public Administration in Emergency Situations
|(3)||Persons on diplomatic or consular missions or under International organizations, or representatives of foreign governments or agencies performing their duties in Thailand, or any other persons in international agencies, that the Ministry of Foreign Affairs gives permission pertaining to necessity, including their spouse, parents, or children||Diplomatic|
|(6)||Non-Thai nationals who are spouses, parents, or children of Thai nationals||Non- Immigration O|
|(7)||Non-Thai nationals who have a certificate of residence, or have been permitted to take up residency in the Kingdom|
|(8)||Non-Thai nationals who have a work permit or have been granted permission to work in the Kingdom in accordance with Thai laws, including their spouses or children|
– Non- Immigration B
– Non- Immigration O (for spouse/ children)
|(9)||Non-Thai nationals who are students of educational establishments in Thailand approved by Thai authorities, including their parents or guardians, except for students of non-formal schools in accordance with laws on private schools or of any other similar private educational establishments|
– Non- Immigration ED
– Non- Immigration O (for parent or guardian)
|(10)||Non-Thai nationals who need to receive medical treatment in Thailand, including their accompanying persons, except for treatment for COVID-19|
– Non- Immigration O (staying more than 60 days)
Non-Thai nationals who are permitted to enter the Kingdom under a special arrangement with a foreign country or have been granted permission by the Prime Minister.
– (11-Elite) holder of Thailand Elite visa (* please contact Thailand Privilege Co., Ltd. for a registration before apply for COE from the Embassy)
– (11-OA/OX) holder of Long Stay (O-A) or Long Stay 10 years (O-X) visa (Retirement visa)
– (11-APEC) holder of APEC Card (only for Chinese nationals)
– (11-STV) holder of Special Tourist Visa (STV)
– (11-TR) holder of Tourist Visa (TR)
– (11-Non-B) holder of Non-Immigrant Visa B (visiting Thailand for business purpose)